Prtools q

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Stingray, Aug 25, 2004.

1. Stingray

May 12, 2000
    ok how do i export audio so it can burned onto a cd......because the ponly type of file i can bounce to is aiff and it cant be made into an audio cd by any program....only data cds...all the other formats either give me errors or dont even get far enough to give me errors
    ...i want waves...but the computer doesnt recogognize the the waves i bounce to and gives me and error even on my brand new laptop
    and my old comp to
  2. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    I'm still relatively new to Pro Tools, but I've had no problems burning to Roxio Toast or Jam in Aiff format and making audio CDs.

What client are you using to burn the CD? What OS are you running?
  3. Bezo

Aug 10, 2004
    It's tough to say what the problem is. I haven't had trouble bouncing WAV files.

Are your sessions designated as WAV to begin with? If not, try creating a session that way.

If you haven't already, try the "converting after bounce option".

And are you sure iTunes won't take aiff files? I believe I've imported an aiff before. I'm sure you've done this, but make sure you're bouncing to 16 bit. That's standard CD format. A CD won't accept any more than that.

If you're not able to solve the problem, go to -->Support -->User Conference. Post your problem there. Those guys are very knowledgable, and you can get Pro Tools specific help.
  4. rubo

Aug 25, 2003
    Yes first thing to check is you have your tracks in 16 bit and 44.1 khz format, if it's nit it will not burn the audio to CD as audio, it will burn it as data CD.

Now in Pro Tools 6.4 main window select the track you want to export. then on your left hand side where you see all your audio files, it should be highlighted as well. Then go on top and click on the Audio, then choose "Export Selected as Files"

Choose the following:

Format is Aiff (Wav is better for PC, Aiff is better for Mac)

Then choose Stereo or mono, my guess is stereo if it's a mix.

Then choose 16 bit and 44,100 sample rate.

Then Destination choose desktop, so it's easier to find it.

After it's finished quit pro tools, and open toast.

In Toast select audio, then drag that file into Toast, before you burn press the pay bottom to make sure it plays, if it does it should burn fine. Burn at 2X speed, not higher and not lower.