1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

puking

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by TreeChild, Mar 16, 2006.

1. Oh my god this was so unexpected! You have no idea what this means to me. I'd like to thank all of my fans, my agent, my, uh, well...

2. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    Yeah. All the kool kids puke.

3. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA

Oh no dude! Not on purpose! Don’t think anything like that about him.

He just has a very weak stomach and i guess when he concentrates too much, I don’t think he can help it. I think this is especially if he had something bad to eat before (and that can be anything).

Also he tries not to do it on stage, but when he is in middle of a song you can tell that when he pukes he just can’t hold it in anymore. It sucks too because I would love to see him get some help but i guess no insurance no money etc.

To be clear he is great guy, one of those people who are always nice to people its just unfortunate thing like that. Nothing he does as act or anything. BTW great drummer, well he is a bassist first but plays as a drummer right now and is great at both.

Cheers

4. Yeah, I was doing a Sex Pistols thing- I was hooped up on the pain meds I was taking for my back and then slammed like 4 Heinekens in the 45 minutes previous to the show. I have it on video... Best part is, although not intended, it was totally in character for Sid Vicious.

5. His teeth will rot out from all that stomach acid if he's not careful. Does he not have a job?

6. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA

He does, but you know how it is; minimum wage and keeping you right under the full time so they won’t have to deal with insurance or anything like that. I kind of hope something happens with his music though.

7. I puked Christmas Eve when I was in church choir does that count?

hey cut me a break I was 8.

8. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    No, but I blew a disc lifting (someone else's) SVT-CL up onto their 8x10... That hurt!!! and the eventual epidural steriod injections to get the disc to behave weren't much better...

I'd rather blow chunks on stage, believe me...

9. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    How did that treatment work for you ? I currently have 2 herniated discs that have been somewhat cranky lately. My Dr. suggested trying a similar treatment.

10. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

Years ago, some of my bandmates at the time told me a puking story starred by the singer of a band in which they played before: It was a very elegant party and the singer had a glass full of Scotch on the stage floor, hidden by one of the stage monitors. Before starting a song, he had a big drink. In the middle of that song, while he wasn't singing (just doing the usual choreography routine), he suddenly stopped dancing with an "Oh my God!" face and covered his mouth with his hands. Of course, it couldn't stop the puke bursts between his fingers from squirting. Very gross!

Another story I was told, but this wasn't on stage: After another very elegant party with plenty of drinks and food, which included a huge shrimps and sea food-based buffet that the musicians also enjoyed, three of them had to return home in a taxi (the party took place in a town like 50 miles far from where I live) and they were very drunk. They took the taxi and they were at first laughing, joking... and then the typical silence. Only the car's engine could be heard. One of my friends (the one in the middle - the three guys were occupying the back seat) told the driver: "Hey pal, please stop wherever you see you can do it". One minute later, he yells to the guy at his right: "Hey, open the window!" "What?" "JUST OPEN THE HUUUUUGGGGHHHH!" [​IMG] (he was calling his friend Hugh :D . Did I mention shrimps?).

11. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    For me, they worked wonderfully. The Dr. said that it could take a week before I might have some relief. On more than one occassion, I felt much, much better that day.

Much, much better means that I could actually get up from sitting without worrying about muscle spasms and could get out of bed the next morning (using proper technique of course) without having to slide off the edge of the bed onto my knees then try to stand up and pray that my back muscles didn't spasm...

Oh, and I only needed to have two injections rather than three...

I had the first one a long time ago ('92ish)...the nurse had me sit on the table and lean forward, the numbing shot just about made me pass out...she had to catch me and lay me down on the table. Ironically she was talking to another nurse about having a patient pass out, fall on the floor and break his arm.

After that time (2001), I've always had it done with me lying on my side. The Dr. didn't like it as much, but I told him he had a choice, do it with me laying down or count on having to catch me before I hit the floor...he saw it my way;)

12. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I've never puked onstage, but one time the guitar player in a punk band I played drums in was arguing with an audience member. So, I sat back listening to the idiocy and munched on Milk Duds.

Good times indeed.

13. I play in a GG Allin-esque band called Hiney Fisting Passion, usually I'm the vocalist and either puke or pass out from exhaustion and terrible singing technique.

14. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ

Hmmm, food for thought. Thanks for that. Your symptioms sound very much like mine. Your input is encouraging, I think I may go for it. Thanks again

15. jeff_bass28

jeff_bass28 Guest

Mar 21, 2006
    Hey even Tony Levin has had a visit from Chuck York onstage. It's in his book.

I like mine chunky.

16. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    yup, couldn't find a sub for one gig last year, when I had a stomach bug... wasn't pleasant, all they had was a porto john. it sucked.

17. Thor

Thor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

Puking is just so much harder when you are sober.