push-pull-esque question Aquilar ODB-3

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by 440Hz, Nov 18, 2003.

1. 440Hz

Nov 17, 2003
    Does anyone make a potentiometer that acts as an on/off switch? I am thinking of installing the Aquilar ODB-3 in my bass, which currently has 2 volumes, 1 tone and 3-way toggle.I would like to have it wired as follows (if possible):

1 concentric volume/blend
    1 concentric bass/treble
    1 mid
    1 mid selector (as a turnable on-off pot. instead of 2 way pole switch ( i hate the way these things look)).

2. I think you mean OBP-3.

Should work I think. Not too sure about the volume/blend pot though. I'm looking at the wiring diagrams they send out with the beastie, and they're all seperate volume/blend. You can do volume/volume with ease. If you can find a pot that'll suit the purposes, then you should be right for it. Should be able to get the turning switch too, though if you want a pot rather than a switch, see if you can find a dual 500k linear pot (audio kinda works but not as well) and you can have a mid sweep rather than selector, though I'm not sure about their availability, or so I heard.

Josh D
  3. You can do that wiring you suggested. Concentric Pots are perfect for that.

It would be good if you could get a concentric pot where the top control is clickable so you can Have you Mid as the bottom control and the selector as the top, rather than the switch.

Im not sure of places off the top of my head for concentric pots. I need to buy a couple for a project i have in mind. Perhaps Google it. ;)