1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

QSC Plx 2402 vs QSC Rmx 850 as home Hi-Fi PowerAmp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by alexbau, Apr 24, 2019.

1. alexbau

alexbau

Apr 24, 2019
    First of all Hi All! I've red many (old) threads about the differences between the Plx and Rmx lines, but I'm going to use them in a home Hi-Fi setup. I've got both of them (Plx 2402 and Rmx 850) in a very good shape (the Rmx seems like new!) and I'm going to attach on a pre Primare P30 and a pair of B&W CDM1 Nt. I'm totally out of this world (the PA) and I'd like to know if someone here has done the same thing (using a Pro Amp in a home environment). Soon they also will be used to drive a pair of Acoustic Research Ar3 (now restoring).
    I've briefly heard either the Plx 2402 and it seems sounding slightly better than the Rmx 850.
    I know what you can say... "here only bass players, no home stuff", but if I ask these things on a Hi-Fi Forum no-one knows Pro-Amp.... so I'm trying here.
    The answer is: in you opinion, which of these two amps could be better playing mainly Jazz, Classic Symphonic and Blues in a home Hi-Fi environment? Did you even try this?
    As usual a Bob Lee answer would be very appreciated! :)
    Thanks a lot, and sorry for my horrible English!!!
    - Alex (from Italy)

2. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    There's no sonic difference. If the fan noise is a concern you can put the amp in another room and run the wires through the wall.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 7, 2021