1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Quality Custom Paint Job

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bassking09, May 5, 2010.

1. Bassking09

Bassking09

Mar 23, 2009
    I want to get a quality custom paint job for my Stingray but i'm not sure where to go to have it done, if anyone knows a local place around Dallas/Ft. Worth area or some website any info would be much appreciated.

2. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Not local to you, but as good as it gets - reasonable prices too. Pat does Sadowsky, Lakland, Alleva-Copollo, etc - lots of high end companies use his talents.

http://www.wilkinsguitars.com/

3. PCR

PCR

Apr 11, 2008
    The Guitar Mill in Nashville, TN.

They bound and shot my Telecaster.

Be patient. Let them take their time (+ 3 months) and you will be rewarded.

I did the entire transaction via email, phone and UPS. I'm a happy customer.

Double Bound Honey Burst Tele

Good Luck

4. Rhomco

Rhomco Commercial User

Sep 14, 2005
    DFW, Texas
    Owner Operator: Rhomco Guitars
    local to you.....sort of;) He only does old school Fender style finishes though. No poly or relicing.
    Rob

5. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Alta Loma, California
    an artist friend of mine did my old ibanez starter pack bass about a year ago. Take a look:

IMG_5689.
    IMG_5698.

6. bwoodman

bwoodman Supporting Member

www.martybellfinishing.com

Marty does great work, prices are good, and turnaround time is excellent - see his site for his resume and pics of his work....

7. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
  8. You didn't really tell us what kind of work you want done. Do you want custom art like air brushing? Stenciling? Maybe a custom color that's hard to find? Or are you looking for more of a standard sunburst or something?