Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Quality Drum Mic set under 250$

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by FungusHumungous, Apr 19, 2004.

1. Brooks

Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
  2. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    i know the d series audix mics are really nice so they can't be that bad..good luck

i bought the micro akg drum pack...sounds really nice i was really surprised..but im buying a audix d6 bass drum mic to help it out

do you need over heads also?

i would buy just over heads first..you could get some really nice recording just from a nice set

steve

3. Droog

Droog

Aug 14, 2003
    PDX
    IMO you would be better off getting mics for Kick, Snare, and Over head. For most gigs you'll do its all you need. For bigger shows the venue should have enough mics. Besides having eight mics on a kit won't yeild better results if the sound man has no idea what to do with them, and if you are playing bars and such this will be the case, not to mention that the mixer won't have to space for all those mics. However if you are needing the mics for recording, I would still recomend K,S and OH. Once again having lots o' mics does not mean good drum sound, and looking at your budget your options are really limited on getting a full kits worth of mics. Find a used D112, Beta 52 or D6 for the Kick. Used 57 for snare. And whatever condenser you can find with the money left over. Just my 2cents, that what I would do anyhow.

4. Ditto, Droog excellent suggestions!

I have also used this kit in the past and it sounds pretty good for the price! (Not my first choice when recording but works well for live use!)

http://www.blindfaithent.com/audio.html

[​IMG]

KP-Drums Microphone Kit
    Four custom-engineered cardioid dynamic drum mics
    Road-ready all-metal construction
    Low-profile percussion-style design
    Built-in adjustable stand mount
    Each KP-DRUMS KitPak includes two SNARE/TOM mics, two KICK/TOM mics, a durable carrying case and a bonus drum key
    KICK/TOM and SNARE/TOM mics are also available individually
    List Price $499 Our Price $299.95

[​IMG]
    Treena

5. thanks for the suggestions
    and a bump for maybe one more suggestion?

Glenn

PS_ just for recording not gigging