1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Question about Crate Cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rr5025, Apr 21, 2009.

1. rr5025

rr5025

Nov 12, 2008
    I've found a Crate cab on CL, its a 4x10 and that's about all I know right now (I've sent an email to get the specs and will post when I get a response). I was wondering what you guys thought about these cabs (I searched around a little but didn't turn up much). My friend and I are putting together and band and I have been thinking it's probably going to be necessary to upgrade my amp (I currently have an Orange Crush 35B). We would most likely be playing smaller things, maybe a bar or two after a little, house parties, things of that nature (not too sure about PA support). The listing is for a 4x10 and 1x18 and it's $200 for both. What do you guys think? Of course I would need to pick up a head, but I've been seeing some Ampeg B2R heads on CL for around the $250-300 mark, was thinking about grabbing one of those. Anyways opinions are greatly appreciated here.

2. Sounds like a good deal.

I had an 8x10 (actually, 2 8x10's) and I think they were called a Bt810, or something.

Anyway, GREAT cab for the money. Ported, 800w rms, really good sound with a powerful amp.

3. jastacey

jastacey Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Houston,Tx
    Snap it up ....it's a good deal ... I've got a Crate BXE 410H and it really is a good sounding cabinet ... I use it all the time it ....... will handle 400 watts

4. rr5025

rr5025

Nov 12, 2008
    Go for the 1x18 with it or just the 4x10? I have money right now but would prefer to not spend too much at this time. If you were going for just the 4x10 how much would you offer?

5. WOW. The only positive Crate feedback I've ever heard, all in one thread! Actually, when I first started, I had some Crate stuff too. At the time I thought it was alright.

6. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    I used a 2x15 Crate rig in the 80's, it's solid gear for the money. If you get both, be sure they're both 8 ohms, or you'll run into trouble later with the amp. And, if it is 8 ohms, and you only get the 410, you may want another cab after you get your amp. Best of luck anyway.

7. Revelation64

Revelation64

Jan 17, 2009
    i have two crate 4x10's actually. I think the model is something like bx410 or something along those lines. They're made in the usa(don't know where they make their stuff anymore. I got these used) I got them for a little under $200 each. Pretty good cabs actually. They seem built to last and they do get a great 4x10 sound. Sure they lacked in the lows but that's to be expected. They were heavy but not too heavy. I'd guess at about 70 or 80 lbs each. For that price I'd jump on it.

8. sedan_dad

sedan_dad Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2006
    Columbus,Ohio
    Anymore aren't Crate and Ampeg about the same.
    I do own both.(no lie)
    Seriously thats a great deal.

9. KramerBassFan

KramerBassFan

Jan 3, 2009
    My favorite crate amp is actually a guitar amp.
    :)
    Its 15 watts into two twelves,
    (I built it, minus the crate amp)
    But I LOVE it.
    I like crates.
    Thanks.

10. rr5025

rr5025

Nov 12, 2008
    Hopefully they respond to the email soon, might already be gone. Thanks for all the input guys!