Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Question about Digi 002

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by wildsponge, Dec 16, 2004.

1. wildsponge

wildsponge

Oct 21, 2004
    Novato, CA
    I was checking out the Digi 002 with pro tools LE and it has 4 xlr inputs and 4 1/4" inputs above those. Is it possible to record all 8 of those inputs at once? And if so, would adding a 4-channel mic pre and using the other 4 inputs alow me to record 8 xlrs at once? THX

2. I haven't used it, but judging by the Digi 001 setup I would say the answer is yes.

Using the lightpipe, XLR on the front panel and 1/4" on the back panel you could do something like 18 channels at a time with that one.

3. Go check out the DUC:
    http://duc.digidesign.com/

It's a phenomenal source for Pro Tools/Digidesign/Computer-based Recording related questions. Hope this helps (it's an addictive board so be careful!!!!). :)

Jay

4. Droog

Droog

Aug 14, 2003
    PDX
    Actually those 1/4 jacks above the XLR's the Line outs for the corresponding inputs. I think the other four line in are placed elsewhere. But yeah you can do what you want. Did'nt we go over this in a different thread? You get 8 inputs 4 of which have mic pre's the other 4 don't. You would have to find the means to amplify mics somewhere else before you go into the 1/4" line ins.

Check out the M-audio Octane or the Mackie Onyx preamp, for 8 channels of mic pre with optical outs.