Question about Digi 002

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by wildsponge, Dec 16, 2004.

1. wildsponge

Oct 21, 2004
    Novato, CA
    I was checking out the Digi 002 with pro tools LE and it has 4 xlr inputs and 4 1/4" inputs above those. Is it possible to record all 8 of those inputs at once? And if so, would adding a 4-channel mic pre and using the other 4 inputs alow me to record 8 xlrs at once? THX
  2. I haven't used it, but judging by the Digi 001 setup I would say the answer is yes.

Using the lightpipe, XLR on the front panel and 1/4" on the back panel you could do something like 18 channels at a time with that one.
  3. Go check out the DUC:

It's a phenomenal source for Pro Tools/Digidesign/Computer-based Recording related questions. Hope this helps (it's an addictive board so be careful!!!!). :)

4. Droog

Aug 14, 2003
    Actually those 1/4 jacks above the XLR's the Line outs for the corresponding inputs. I think the other four line in are placed elsewhere. But yeah you can do what you want. Did'nt we go over this in a different thread? You get 8 inputs 4 of which have mic pre's the other 4 don't. You would have to find the means to amplify mics somewhere else before you go into the 1/4" line ins.

Check out the M-audio Octane or the Mackie Onyx preamp, for 8 channels of mic pre with optical outs.