1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

question for the carvin DCM1540L owners

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by mcapote, Apr 15, 2010.

1. mcapote

mcapote

Sep 9, 2009
    Miami Florida
    Ive been reading a lot of stuff lately about carvins run really hot and unreliable bridged at lowest advertised impedance. (not this amp in particular but the other 2ohm amps running bridged @ 4ohms) I was wondering how these things run @ 2 channels, 4ohms per channel? Are they reliable for gigs? I was planning on buying 1 (maybe a second later for monitors) and running 2 x 8ohm mains and 2 x 8ohm subs into it and don't want it overheating during a 4 hour gig. So I was hoping someone could tell me their experiences in a live setting. this would be piping the band and vocals through it, drums, guitar amp Di into the mixer, bass amp DI into the mixer, 2 vocal mics

2. I think it should work fine. Don't go below 4 ohm loads on either side,and you should be OK.

3. mcapote

mcapote

Sep 9, 2009
    Miami Florida
    yeah I was planning on 2 eminence loaded 8ohm cabs per side.

4. Probably not much of a reference, but I’m using a 1540 in my home theater system as a subwoofer amp. I’ve yet to see it break a sweat or even get the slightest bit warm.

Keep in mind that bridged operation at the lowest rated impedance is about the most demanding use you can put on an amp. Running 4-ohms in stereo shouldn’t be a problem.

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Pedulla Club #45