1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

questions about 8 channel di's

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by Bjazzman, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Bjazzman

Bjazzman

Dec 7, 2004
    Madison WI
    so to go from my saffire pro 40 to the house I can do it 2 ways. the first is getting a 1/4 to xlr snake and run that into an 8 channel di. or run all 1/4 line level to the mains line level inputs.

if I were to get an 8 channel di how are the behringer nady... I think there might be one more cheap one vs. the radial?

I could get 2 behringers for less than half of a radial. and essentially i'd like more than 8 channels since I have a digimax d8 that I will chain to the saffire

2. Nick Kay

Nick Kay

Jul 26, 2007
    Toronto, Ontario
    Just go line-level throughout. There's no reason to run line-level signals through a preamp again.

3. TimmyP

TimmyP

Nov 4, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    You'll likely need transformer isolation. Your choices are a passive DI or a 1:1 isolation transformer. I'd go with the DI, as it will have more alternative uses than the iso transformers will. The Radial Pro series are the best bet, but not cheap.