Quick Question: need help with cool edit pro & delta 44

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by CoryBelcher, Aug 18, 2004.

1. So I just got my delta 44, hooked everything up and tried to record with my cool edit pro 2.0... but I had a problem.

I can tell its working because little sound waves are showing up.... so the delta is picking up a signal and my cool edit is accepting it..... but it records REALLY quiet. (Im doing a direct input here too by the way.)

SO my questyion is- how can i adjust the input level (or something) so that my bass records at a normal level. Do I have to configure the delta or cool edit?

Im confused, and desperate to get this to work.... please help if ya can.
  2. suicas

Mar 12, 2004
    A DI box might help if you're using passive bass (I'd do a search for this though, I don't know much beyond the basics...).

The Delta 44 should come with a Delta control panel application. There should be an icon for it in Window's Control Panel. If not, you can download it for free from the m-audio website. This should let you set the input and output levels of the cards (to one of +4dB, consumer, -10db I think). Boosting the input signal in this way might give you more noise, but might help.
    This application should also have a ton of mixer controls for each input/output on the card.

3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    In default all faders are set to mute. Check the M-Audio mixer and set the channels you use to full.
  4. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    Exactly. My bet is the Delta control panel. That's the internal mixer on the Delta 44 card. Once those levels are happy move to the sound program and adjust as needed. If that doesn't do it, you may need to jack up your level with a DI or external mixer before it hits the breakout box.