1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Quick question on tuners and wireless'

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Depth_Charge, Aug 29, 2007.

1. I hope this is the right section.

It's been recommended I get an "on-stage tuner" as opposed to using my little Korg unit. I'm not really sure what I am looking for...my ME50B has a built in tuner, but so far I've had no luck shutting it up while I tune with it, so you get that awful tuning sound through the amp.

Also, the only wireless system (to replace the cable) I can find is an expensive $800.00AUD unit. Can someone recommend something thats good, but a little less pricey?

Sorry for the lame questions.

2. dude, turn the master volume (on the pedal) down when tuneing. so u dont need another tuner

3. Doh! :oops:

I feel like the biggest freaking tool now.

Thanks for the advice, that worked. :hyper:

4. stoneboy26

stoneboy26

Jul 11, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    Endorsing Artist: Thump Music
    Hey man,
    There aren't too many decent quality wireless systems in Oz for under that price. I would be looking at Shure, samson, etc...
    You may find one 2nd hand for a little cheaper if you are lucky...

5. LarryK

LarryK

May 30, 2006
    Chesapeake, VA
    I just bought a Shure SLX guitar/bass wireless for under $500. It has a nice, clean signal with no degradation of tone or volume. I've used it with all of my basses and it works great with both passive and active pickups.