Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Quiver

Discussion in 'Bows and Rosin [DB]' started by Sumguy7787, Jan 18, 2006.

1. Sumguy7787

Sumguy7787

Jan 12, 2006
    Can anyone here give me a site where I can buy a quiver for a good price. I play in my school jazz band and have really been struggling switching out my bow. Thanks

2. Charles Shores

Charles Shores Commercial User

Jul 26, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Owner: Guitar Barre
    ive got a mike pecanic that is pretty nice, his website is on one of the banners on this site

Chad

3. Justin K-ski

Justin K-ski

May 13, 2005
    Contact David Gage, the quiver they sell is by a NYC fellow (for got his name). It's an awesome quiver, the quiver itself is tick and durable leather and there is a metal cable around the lip that keeps it open so the transition is seemless.

4. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    I think Mike Weatherly (who works at the shop) makes those.

5. Eric_J

Eric_J Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Flower Mound, TX. USA
    Bob G. has some on his site. I saw one on either Lemur or Upton, I can't remember which.

6. Upton has one at a decent price.

7. bear

bear

Dec 14, 2004
    So are they all nice? Which one is best? I did a search for David Gage in Links and got nothing. Reunion Blues makes one as well.

8. How much do you want to spend?

9. bear

bear

Dec 14, 2004
    As much as I should.

10. Sumguy7787

Sumguy7787

Jan 12, 2006
    Anyone know how long a quiver takes to ship?
    I ordered it about 8 days ago and am still waiting for its arrival.

11. Charles Shores

Charles Shores Commercial User

Jul 26, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Owner: Guitar Barre
    I would assume the same as any other item you purchase ;)

Who'd you order from?

Chad

12. I honestly think quivers are over rated. I am actualy going to attempt to make one. Not that there bad but b/c you shouldn't ever spend more than 20$ for one unless your going for a stunning look other than a smooth black leather look. Im going to make one just b/c i'd rather put my 20$ into something more inportant. O well if you want a quiver get one they can be verry usefull. and it shouldn't take more than 10 days if its more you should call the ppl you ordered it from.

13. Sumguy7787

Sumguy7787

Jan 12, 2006
    I ordered it off of the Mike Pecanic website. I looked at ordering information and it said let up to 4 weeks for shipping. They haven't sent me an e-mail that they shipped it yet. I'm a little worried.

14. bassbaterie

bassbaterie

Dec 14, 2003
    Houston Texas
    Director, Quantum Bass Center
    Mike will ship it. He is a good guy, totally straight up. He teaches school so maybe they have a heavy schedule right now, who knows. I have one of his quivers.