Rack gear question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by a memory a hope, Oct 31, 2005.

1. a memory a hope

a memory a hope

Jan 23, 2005
    I just recently upgraded my rig to a pretty suitable live head and cab. I'm looking at rack cases to protect my head because its rack mount. I'm looking to get a nice rack eventually but for now i just want to protect my head from moving and damage. Should i go for just a 2 space rack now and then when i want to upgrade get another rack with enough spaces to get all of the suitable rack gear or should i get a bigger rack now and just use that? I eventually want to get a conditioner and a tuner then pre and power when i get the money or need to really upgrade to more power! :bassist: I don't want to waste money but i also don't want to haul around a huge rack for a while if i can avoid it.

Edit: just curious what stuff for racks are really important. i know a pre and power would take up at least 3 racks. the decision i'm facing is either getting a 4 or 5/6 for a tuner and power conditioner. what is really important.
  2. xring

Sep 16, 2003
    At this point it sounds like you have a 2 space head. I would get a 3 space rack,with a single space rack cover. Down the road you can get a suitable sized rack to accomodate the components you will acquire. Then stack them. I'm telling you, by the time you get everything crammed into a 8 space rack, you're gonna wish you had broken it down some. It will be heavy!
  3. haujobb

Dec 16, 2004
    I've never likes splitting a rack up, imo it defeats the purpose of having one in the first place. Also, anything that is absolutely too heavy to carry is usually big enough to slap some casters on.