Radial JDV

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by StreamerDavid, Mar 3, 2005.

1. What is the benefit of Radial's Class A direct box with all the numerous features? I think it's the expensive one that lists for 499.00. I have the Passive version with fairly few features. Does anybody own one of the feature laden models, and if so what are the good things about it?
  2. Droog

Aug 14, 2003
    Well the good things are all of the features that have seen on it. It is loaded with goodies, and Radial does not cut corners so its spendy. I imagine the Drag feature is a pretty expensive add on. It has PAD's all over the place and 4 transformer isolated outputs, probobly all Jenson transformers. Its just not cheap. Pretty Pro though, especially if you have multiple instruments, and need to run multiple amps. I would love one for the studio.
  3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Yeah, I have one of these. So far, so good.

4. junglebike

junglebike Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    I just got a J48 for $180 at guitar center and recorded with it all day Saturday. It's active, but with fewer features than the JDV. It's just amazing! My bass has never sounded so good! Unless you actually need all the gizmos on the JDV, save your dough and get the J48 -- I believe it's basically the same core circuit, just stripped of all the options you get with the JDV.