Rain cover for double bass

Discussion in 'Accessories [DB]' started by svantesoderq, Oct 12, 2021.

1. svantesoderq

svantesoderq

Oct 12, 2021
    Hi!
    I'm looking for a raincover for my double bass gigbag when I'm out carrying it rainy days.
    It's quite common with rain covers for cello (I'm a cellist aswell) but I haven't seen any for double bass.
    Is there anyone who knows anything?

I've been thinking of sewing my own (with the cello cover as an original) but it would be easier to just buy it from somewhere.

2. LouisF

LouisF Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    What kind of bass case do you have? Rain covers are usually for "hard" cello cases.

3. fu22ba55

fu22ba55 Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2009
    I carry one of those extra-large disposable rain ponchos in my case, in case I get caught in a downpour. You can buy them in packs of 5 or 10 on amazon.

They don't cover the whole case, but could get you out of a jam.

4. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    Augusta GA
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    Gage had something for awhile a few years back, but it doesn't look like they still do. Oh well...

5. Winoman and fu22ba55 like this.
  6. svantesoderq

svantesoderq

Oct 12, 2021
    This seams to be exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks alot!!

7. robobass

robobass

Aug 1, 2005
    Cologne, Germany
    Private Inventor - Bass Capos
    Pretty cool. Not cheap though!

8. svantesoderq

svantesoderq

Oct 12, 2021
    No exactly, especially incl. shipping and other costs from the US to Sweden :-/

9. That‘s what they said over here too.

10. Ed S

Ed S

Nov 14, 2019
    Headed out to practice in the rain yesterday. Always striving to be classy, I slipped a large black contractor's trash bag over the top. :D

In the past when in harder rains for longer periods, I have placed one over the top and another over the bottom, holding the ends of both with the hand that holds the case handle.

quickfix likes this.
  11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Oct 28, 2021