Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

re:pollybass's "suicide"

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by john turner, Jun 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i think you all should know that we've had contact from someone claiming that casey"pollybass" hughes did not kill himself - she claimed to be his wife. furthermore, you should know that there's been activity on his account as recently as 6/24. notice, though that even though he's done this he didn't bother to post to debunk the rumour. that attention must be fun.

i think it should also be noted that the posting ip address from "ryanhughes", casey's "brother" who told us about his "suicide" is identical to the address that casey hughes used to post here at talkbass, meaning that in all likelihood it was done on the same computer, with the same account. while it's possible that "ryan" may have used polly's same computer, it's highly unlikely that he then relogged on with that same computer into polly's account, unless polly put his login id and password in his "suicide note" :rolleyes:

the thread also had over 12,000 views, even with less than 300 posts, with more coming every day, even though it's locked and has fallen out of general rotation. i imagine it's linked at from some off-site forum, where folks are having a good laugh at our expense.

i'm not surprised, considering the source, though. i felt you should all know, we're in all likelihood the butt of a sick, pathetic and childish joke. ain't the internet grand? :rolleyes:

2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i'm going to clarify why i am certain that this is bogus.

both ryanhughes and pollybass used the same computer to log into talkbass. polly's account had activity this past weekend. for that to happen, whoever did it had to log out of ryan's account and into polly's. i doubt polly put his password in his "suicide" note, along with his "farewell message" to talkbass :rolleyes:.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.