Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Reading Rainbow

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by vbass, Jun 7, 2004.

1. vbass

vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
  2. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I used to love that show when I was a kid and we made our own Reading Rainbow as a project in third grade. Ah...the good old days.

brad cook

3. slick519

slick519

Aug 11, 2001
    Salem, Or
    i love that show too... my choice over mr. rodgers on any day. One thing that i never got, however, until recently, was why the kids who talked about their own book recomendations had such lame clothing.

a) the poor kids were probably dressed by the show
    b) i was watching reruns from 10 years ago

it all makes sense now.

i recently got to see good old levar the other day at a graduation ceremony at Willamette university. very cool dude. perfect teeth, a nice smell, a class act all the way.

slicks

4. i'm glad levar is smelling good these days. i was worried.

5. Yeah. The host was the black guy from Star Trek who whore those weird glasses that went around his head.

Good times...

6. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I like Levar better in Star Trek as Geordi

7. I remember in 2nd grade every week we'd watch an episode of it. It helped my reading ability more than I'll probably ever know.

8. vbass

vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    ^ ditto

9. ...

Well... I never could get why the people who made the Reading Rainbow would want to higher some engineer that starred in the Next Generation. Two TOTALLY different roles. 1. teaching kids how to read and live like fairys... 2. saving a space ship from evil aliens and shooting things....

10. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    He rocked. The show rocked.

I'm all for any pro-reading, pro-imagination programming.

To that end, Mr. Rogers, Reading Rainbow, Square One, and Sesame Street were childhood fixtures of mine.