1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Real Bass Amp VS Avid Eleven Rack

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jmgneves, Feb 10, 2013.

1. jmgneves

jmgneves

Feb 10, 2013
    Hello: It came to my mind this question:

What if instead of buy a good bass Amp, I buy a cheap but powerfull amp and buy an "Avid eleven rack" with the bass expansion?

Any thoughts will be welcome!

2. svtb15

svtb15 Banned

Mar 22, 2004
    Austin,TX - McKinney,TX - NY,NY, - Nashville,TN
    I play it all. Whatever works for the gig. Q+
    Sub'd

I do own an older Bass Pod XT Pro Rack unit that i occasionally use to record Amp SIm if i cant mic an amp.
    I have tweaked my 2-3 FAVE progs on my own to be pretty real sounding .. Tehn i mix with my REDDI DI signal...
    I have seen many GIT players using the ELEVEN with greta results.. I have nevr trued it on bass.. WAnna see what others have to say here

3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Don't see why it wouldn't work if that's what you're into.

4. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    It's basically a preamp, right? As long as it's got tones you like I'm sure it would do just fine.

Probably a little more complicated than most here would like to use. If I was still a serious tweaker I'd strongly consider it.

5. I'm currently using IK Multimedia's Stomp IO as a controller to use Amplitube 3, Ampeg SVX, Fender, Hendrix and Metal modules live into an amp. Very impressive as far as I'm concerned.

6. svtb15

svtb15 Banned

Mar 22, 2004
    Austin,TX - McKinney,TX - NY,NY, - Nashville,TN
    I play it all. Whatever works for the gig. Q+
    Amplitube 3 rocks... I have been using it alot in my home studio lately with great results.. But I can get caught up in too many combinations and the 1000 flavors , so i only bought the SVX plugin set to keep it simple... And a Mic or two ....... or three.. lol

7. Combinations for sure Kirk. So many possibilities. I'm really loving the Hiwatt and Hiwatt cabs with modeled Fane speakers. Very realistic and pure rock! Still haven't dialed in a B-15 patch that nails my old flip top yet, but still working on it.

8. DigitalMan

DigitalMan Wikipedia often mistakes my opinions for fact Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Eleven is a fine piece of gear. IIRC my only issue is that the GUI isn't standalone and must be launched within Pro Tools. Might be a nuisance for your use case.

9. I love my elevenrack, it does absolutely everything I need it to do and sounds great doing it