1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Rebirth!

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by billta, Nov 1, 2006.

1. billta

billta

Oct 23, 2006
    Mukilteo, WA
    Although I have been playing bass on and off for more than 40 years, as of Sep. 18th, my world turned over, courtesy of the purchase of a used Carvin LB-75 Mahogany Fretless bass. I've practiced more in the last 6 weeks than in the last couple of years! What fun! Using the fretless to play along with recordings is a lot simpler than using a fretted bass because you can adjust for minor
    differences in tuning "on the fly" simply by slightly adjusting your finger positioning. I'm currently playing in three (!) bands -- two "copy bands" and an original band (which formed 20 years ago!). Not too bad for a 56 year old geezer! Today I placed an order for a new rig (Thunderfunk/Epifani) since my existing amps are either old(1990 Peavey Megabass using a borrowed cabinet) or REALLY too old (a 1967 Guild Thunderbass 40W 2x12")! I owned a Fender Jazz Bass in high school, but was never really comfortable with the tapered width neck. My first 5-string was an Ibanez (I forget the model..), but it converted me -- I LOVE 5-strings! I also have a fretted Carvin LB-75P which hasn't seen much action since the fretless moved in.