Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Recieving My Subscriptions Very Late

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Bryan R. Tyler, Nov 12, 2004.

1. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I've been getting my subscription updates in my email hours, and sometimes days late (sometimes not at all) in the past couple of weeks, when they normally appear as soon as someone posts. Any idea what the problem is?

2. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    Check your email account and make sure it's not full - the TB server will continue to try to send email for a few days if there's an error in sending it.

Phat - replied to your thread previously, but in your case emails are getting bounced - see your thread :)

3. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    Bryan,

Your email is in fact bouncing:

Email: bryan_tyler@hotmail.com bounced 6 times by Bryan R. Tyler id: 23251

That's from my logfile - 6 bounces in one hour on the 20th. Also 4 bounces on the 11th of November. Based on the sporadic nature of the bounces, I'd suspect a full inbox...

4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Didn't get the update to this thread :D

I think Hotmail may have been the problem. I recieved the 250mb upgrade earlier than most people, so my inbox was definitely not even near full, but I was recieving messages late. If I notice an occurance happening again, I'll contact Hotmail. Thanks, Paul!