recommend delay pedals

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Dags, Sep 16, 2004.

1. Dags

Jan 19, 2004
    I've recently felt like experimenting with a delay pedal. My guitar playing friend has the BOSS DD-3 and my other guitar playing friend has the DD-6. They both have some really cool capabilities but from what I've experienced, whatever BOSS has to offer is usually done better by other companies. I'd like to keep things cheap so no Line6 DL-4. I'm going to be selling my Prunes and Custard pedal and hopefully I'll get about $140 for it so I suppose that's the budget for a delay pedal. I know I can go check out the Digitech or Boss delays at my local GC or Sam Ash but I need lots of time to play around with the things so I'd rather just buy one and get acquainted with it in the comfort of my home. Oh and I'll be getting it used off of ebay so take those prices into account.
  2. well, you should try out the two boss delays with your bass. which one do you like better? personally i like the DD-6 better, but try the two pedals. i say this because i think either boss will be your best bet.

3. johnvice

Sep 7, 2004
    Agreed. The first effect I bought was a BOSS BF-1 flanger in about 1980 that I was really impressed with. The current version of this flanger (BF-3) has a separate bass and guitar inputs.

I just bought a BOSS Me-50b with the goal of cleaning out my flight case. Why have a separate tuner, compressor, time delay (Chorus / Flanger) when this one unit does all that and more!
  4. bassisten

Sep 15, 2004
    Bergen, Norway

I got the Line6 DL-4 and I`m very satisfied with it.

The cool thing is the very easy way to make presets, the loop-station and the tap-tempo button.

I mostly use the loop-station when I`m in action, live-sampling rocks! You should try that out sometime.

I use the DL-4 with a expression pedal, that enables you to morph between programs! YEAH !!! This makes it even more cool and crazy. There`s nothing like a stomp-box in self-oscillating mode....
  5. Dags

Jan 19, 2004
    I think I'm going to get the Boss DD-5. Any reason to get the DD-6 instead?
  6. i don't find delay useful for bass at all, so i never use it. however, for guitar i'm VERY happy with my digitech digidelay. better price than boss, as well as more versatile and better-sounding IMO.
  7. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I did enjoy my Ibanez DE-7 back in the day. My tastes have changed, it's still a good pedal, but it's not true bypass.