Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Recommendations for Reasonable and Quality Amp Repair

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bucephylus, Sep 30, 2003.

1. bucephylus

bucephylus Supporting Member Commercial User

Aug 18, 2002
    General Manager TecPadz LLC
    So, I just picked up a Seymour Duncan Bass 400 head, a 115 home brew cab with a JBL K-140 and a Carvin V410T for $125. The Duncan power light shows OK, but no power to the speaker outs. Looks pretty clean inside with no obvious issues.

I have some better gear for most work, but want to get the Duncan cranking again as a back-up

Can anyone recommend a good amp repair shop that is straight up and can do a quality job?

2. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    where are you from?

3. apathetixx

apathetixx

Apr 7, 2003
    Downey, CA
  4. bucephylus

bucephylus Supporting Member Commercial User

Aug 18, 2002
    General Manager TecPadz LLC
    I'm up in Michigan, though shipping is not a totally big deal.

We used to have a guy in Detroit, we called him Fast Eddie. I'm not aware of any good shops in the area anymore. Guess its not profitable enough.

5. todd 4ta

todd 4ta

Apr 3, 2003
    Indiana
    I have a local amp tech that is top notch. He's in Indianapolis so shipping wouldn't be too much.

Send me an email if you're interested and I'll get you his number.

His work is excellent, and he has reasonable prices. He will probably need it for a couple of weeks, he always has a lot of work.

He is Kevin at Uncle Albert's Amp Repair.

6. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Maybe you could contact Low Down Sound and see if they can recommend anyone.

7. pbd

pbd Commercial User

Jul 17, 2003
    Metro Detroit
    owner Procables N Sound
    Hey bucephylus, I'm in the Detroit area also. I take all my gear to a little shop called Massimino. They have a man work on gear once a week. We've taken everything from sound boards to amps to our guitar's up there. It's at 13 mile and Groesbeck (NW corner).586.294.7100. Roger is an awesome bass guy! Good luck.