1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Recommendations on instructional DVDs

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by WarwickDolphin, Nov 22, 2018.

1. WarwickDolphin

WarwickDolphin

Oct 13, 2016
    Hey everybody.....
    I was subscribed to Low End University which is a great resource, but I didn't like how it is a subscription service. Scott's Bass Lessons is another great one - but again - it's a subscription service. I find myself paying monthly fees sometimes and not using the subscription resource for months as there are periods of time when I am extra busy with my bands/projects.
    I am looking for some instructional DVDs that focus on any of the following topics: double thump/slap techniques, advanced music theory, improvisation, and any instructional video related to metal. Are there any good resources for these topics in DVD/video format that are NOT subscription services? Some videos that I already own - John Myung's video, Jaco Pastorius DVD, and Billy Sheehan's VHS.
    Thanks.

2. reddog

reddog Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Philly burbs
    Roy.... Learn to play bass. I own it. Generally like it. Complements Talkingbass.net, etc. pretty well.

3. GastonD

GastonD

Nov 18, 2013
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Bryan Beller's "Mastering Tone and Versatility" and David Ellefson's instructional DVD "Metal Bass", but also check out the Bass Guru website. What you get is streaming lessons that are one-time buys, no monthly fees.