1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Recording Bass direct with ZOOM B2/Digitech BP-80...

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by shaggysivirus, Apr 22, 2006.

1. shaggysivirus

shaggysivirus

Feb 19, 2006
    Wasnt sure where to put this....

The ZOOM G2.1U guitar pedal has a USB out for recordng directly and it has patches that are specifically set up for recording - they sound great when i record but they sound vastly different through my amp, whereas its the other way round if you use the Amp patches to record.

Without me looking through all the settings, anyone know what is done TO the settings to achieve the right tone for the recording presets?

I just wondered because I wonder if there is something essential I have to do prior to recording bass direct with my multi-fx pedals to get a good sound? I go from the output of the pedal straight into the MIC input of my mixer. My mixer has a basic three-channel EQ which is +/-20db - are there any specific eq settings? or any specific settings on the pedals like gain reduction or EQing? or should I be recording through a line-input?

2. All_¥our_Bass

All_¥our_Bass

Dec 26, 2004
    Yeah you should spend lots of time EQUing. Thats the reason they sound different direct in as opposed to through an amp(aside from the other minor differences you get from using an amp instead of direct in).

3. shaggysivirus

shaggysivirus

Feb 19, 2006
    ok man i'll bear that in mind. Thanks.