1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Recording/Jamroom project (Electrical issues)

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by martyman5000, Mar 15, 2008.

1. This Spring I'm having my small basement finished. I'm building this room to be a fun room so its not for professional recording in any manner. I would like some suggestions on what to tell the electrician my concerns about grounding and noise. Right now I'm running two twenty foot extension cords to my equipment because there are no outlets near by. when I make outlets in my section of the basement should I request any type of outlet or extra grounding that might prevent noise? is less best when it comes to how many outlets?

2. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    Nothing really beyond standard code, but if you can get dedicated circuits back to the panel then you know you won't have to share a circuits with a freezer.

3. If you are running more than one circuit to the room I'd put them all on the same side of the breaker box. What with the way old amps can get and all.

4. SERPENT865

SERPENT865

Jan 1, 2007
    Wichita , KS
    I ran separate circuits for the Bass ,Guitars ,recording equipment and lights . I know its over kill but i am a Electrician so it was like another day at the office.

5. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.