1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Recording Out on Amp Not Working?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by slipperyPete, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Hi everyone, I am trying to record onto my Minidisc recorder by running out of the Recording/Head Phone output on my Roland Cube 30. However, I am not able to get any sound. Do I need a special cable (Stereo?) or is there something else that could be wrong? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

P.S. If this should go in 'Amps' instead could a Mod please move it, thanks.

2. emils

emils

Jul 28, 2005
    Croatia
    I'm afraid you'll have to use a stereo cable (1/4 TRS to 1/8 TRS). Make sure you go into LINE IN on your Minidisc Recorder.

3. I kind of figured I would need a different cable but didn't want to buy one if that wasn't the case. At least now I'll get a stereo sound recorded instead of just the left channel when I record straight from my bass into the Minidisc. Thanks.