1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Recording Program Apple

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by spencer, Aug 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spencer

spencer Guest

Feb 22, 2006
    There are so many to choose from and I really don't know much about computers hardware or software,

If Im looking to simply record edit/mix and maby some effects what would be my best option..

One thing is that it must be able to 16 tracks at once.
    So logic express is out of the picture.. Is that even a recording program?

2. hmjuice

hmjuice

May 20, 2000
    Austin, TX USA
    logic express is a recording program and I think you can do 16 tracks at at time but you are limited to 32 total tracks in editing. Logic Pro has no limitations and works great. I picked it up when I bough my new MacBookPro and Digi did put out a protools driver for a couple months. I've never gone back to protools.

3. spencer

spencer Guest

Feb 22, 2006

It can only do 12 tracks at once.. I might just add all the drums on one and keep the bass drum seprate but I really wanted to controll the toms snare and high high..

I just found out our worship leader has protools, the church bought it but he doesn't even use it.. He just has it because they will one day record like a studio thing. I really wish there was a way I could put it on my puter.. It would be only used for the church anyways..

4. hmjuice

hmjuice

May 20, 2000
    Austin, TX USA
    you can install it on your system but you need the iLok key and a Digidesigns I/O in order to open it and use it. Also, you'll want to find out what version they have HD or LE.

5. Kael

Kael

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    I personally prefer Digital Performer over protools.

6. spencer

spencer Guest

Feb 22, 2006
    I don't want to spend alot. I just want something that can record 16 inputs at once useing firewire, and I can eq before I burn to cd..

Cubase?
    Mackie Tracktion?

Do I HAVE to spend over 300$?

7. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
  8. spencer

spencer Guest

Feb 22, 2006
    THATS AWESOME!! I used audacity before sure it sucks but its free and guess what!! It can record 16 tracks at once!!! EXACTLY WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR!! THANK YOU SOO MUCH,,.

9. fokof

fokof One day ,I'll be in the future

Mar 16, 2007
    Here
    You'll also be limited with Pro tools to the number of input of your Avid hardware...... :scowl:

10. peterpalmieri

peterpalmieri Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Babylon, NY
    If you want 16 live inputs into a computer you'll need to spend more then $300, I can't think of anything decent thats less then $2000.....

11. spencer

spencer Guest

Feb 22, 2006
    Quit jockin!

Im not stupid, when I said 300$ I meant SOFTWARE, and guess what? I spent less than 300$ I spent 0$!!..

As for hardware I know I can't download a mixing board with firewire out. I have two options, one is
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Alesis-MultiMix-16-FireWire-16Channel-Analog-Mixer-?sku=630169
    its only 399$ so yea thats less than 2000$...

Oh and another option? 2 of these
    http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Firepod/
    better quality, 16 inputs and oh yea wait less than 2000$ TOTAL..

Get off my nuts

12. Basschair

Basschair .............. Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2004
    Stockton, Ca
    Perhaps some more constructive suggestions are in order?

Let's leave the nuts out of it next time, please :)

13. peterpalmieri

peterpalmieri Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Babylon, NY
    I never said you were stupid....I was just trying to help, you on the other hand sound like a real JERK. I wasn't getting on anything...

Your first choice only has 8 mic pres + 4 stereo inputs, your 2nd choice has 8 mic pres also, neither are under $300. As for your 2nd choice you'd need 2 that's $800. That's not a bad choice if your computer can handle 2 firewire inputs...I personally like the motu 8 pre better and you can run it with an M powered system...

Pete

14. Basschair

Basschair .............. Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2004
    Stockton, Ca
    That'll do it.

If the original poster would like to repost their original question, feel free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.