Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Recording VST instruments

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by martyman5000, Nov 10, 2005.

1. I have Cubasis VST 4.0 It's a great program for what I do and I can figure out pretty much everything to do except these VST instruments :mad:

I can get some of them play and record, but the one instrument, the LM-9 drum machine won't. I can get a signal to the VST channel mixer but it won't record :rollno: any suggestions?

2. ebladeboi123

ebladeboi123

Jul 11, 2005
    Oberlin, Oh
    Did you make sure it was on the right input? We use the same program for our recording, and we're getting really good quality and all from it now. But we also have ALOT of plug ins. I don't see why your drum machine wouldn't work, sorry i can't be of much help. :(

3. Sometimes drum VSTis have multiple outputs. I'm a Sonar user myself, so I'm not completely familiar with Cubasis, but you're going to need to make tracks with all the outputs. The nice thing about having drums in multiple outputs is that you can apply separate effects to each drum or drum group while still dealing with a single VSTi.

Kinda strange that you having trouble with VSTis... Sonar makes VSTis super easy to use, you might want to try it out if you get the opportunity.