1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Recording with Guitar Rig 3

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Amitio, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Just got the software version of guitar rig and im using it with my Line6 toneport.

Im Having trouble recording anything at all, im currently using Adobe Audition 3 to record with.

Does anyone know how i would go about recording, basics etc.

Thanks

2. Open Audition as you usually would.
    Add a new track as you normally would.
    And add Guitar Rig 3 as a plug in to the track.

3. For some reason it doesn't recognise it as a plug in.

Is there a way of doing it using the stand alone version.

4. Blackmag+c

Blackmag+c

Feb 1, 2007
    record using the 'tape deck' in guitar rig three
    you can have lots of decks and such and then export it all and open in adobe. One method but not necessarily the best. It should recognise it as a plugin. Does in cubase.

5. Yeah, i think ill reinstall and hope this solves the problem if not, my have to get me a copy of cubase!

6. hunta

hunta

Dec 2, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Found this on another forum, supposedly this is a workaround..

"I use the energyXT VST plugin which can host VSTs and VSTis(energyXT is also available standalone but here is a link to the plugin version http://www.xt-hq.com/download/). Insert energyXT in a track and then insert Guitar Rig into energyXT and connect inputs and outputs (click the little blue boxes) and it works fine. You can also use the standalone version if you want to use GR completely separately from AA."

That being said, Cubase is probably a much better option if you want to work with VST stuff.