1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Red Witch Zeus or Factotum?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Hofmann, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Hofmann

Hofmann

Jul 14, 2008
    I've loved octave pedals for a long time, mostly OC-2s. Haven't had one for awhile but now am building a small pedal board. The Red Witch Zeus intrigued me 'cause it has fuzz circuitry, and although not a big fuzz guy, some slight distortion is something I want on occasion. So, picked up a Zeus. Love it so far (great octaver), but I'm wondering if the Factotum is somewhat "gentler" in respect to distortion. "Overdrive" sounds as if it might be smoother or less aggressive than "fuzz." Anyone here have experience with these two pedals who may be able to offer a comparison? Even an opinion would be appreciated.

Cheers . . .

2. DDXdesign

DDXdesign formerly 'jammadave' Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    Check out youtube demos. I personally think the respective drive and fuzz circuits in the two are both pretty good, but if I had to pick one I would probably go with the Factotum. I am not as big a fan of gated-fuzz gnarl like the Zeus mostly has on offer.

3. CapnSev

CapnSev

Aug 19, 2006
    Coeur d'Alene
    I want the Zeus because it looks like so much fun, but Iā€™d get the Factotum because it would be way more practical.

4. Driven Crane

Driven Crane

May 30, 2014
    Zeus. Factotum is good... but i would try Zeus or a Fuzz God.

5. Sign up to Red Witch's newsletter, then you'll be notified of any special deals. Red Witch tends to offer deals once or twice per year.

I got both the Zeus and the Factotum on sale.
    Factotum, sonic foundation type pedal ā€” Meat & Potatoes
    Zeus, heaps of fun ā€” Spicey