1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

refinishing MiM Pbass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sven kalmar, Jan 8, 2013.

1. sven kalmar

sven kalmar

Apr 29, 2009
    hey i have this mexican P, i bought used some years ago. It was black with rosewood. i figured out it sounded very nice.
    A few years back i found out that the black MiM have this thick plastic coating, so i removed it. Now it been left to dry and has got a new antiquity 2 in it. I think its time to sand it nicely and paint it. I like a kind of vintage white. the body however is not pretty: its alder at least 3 pieces. Some kind of epoxypaint or something? thanks..:rollno:

2. Not sure exactly what your question is, but I just repainted an affinity P. Stripped it, sanded it down and used Duplicolor olympic white auto spray paint from Pep boys with Deft gloss nitro spray from Lowe's. Much cheaper than reranch.com or any of the guitar refinishing websites and it looks great. And you can buy it off the shelf and avoid shipping.

3. Chuck King

Chuck King Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2006
    Chicago
    This site has a lot of good information on refinishing:

http://www.reranch.com/basics.htm

They also have an active forum with lots of knowledgeable people who are happy to advise on most finishing questions.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 25, 2021