Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

refreshments

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by kaboom133, Jan 15, 2004.

1. kaboom133

kaboom133

Oct 19, 2001
    Latrobe PA
    I was just listening to the refreshments and i realized how much i love the tone of the bass. Does anybody know what his setup is, plus pick/fingers, basically anything about the guy (buddy). Thanks

(pretty sure this thread is in the right spot)

2. kaboom133

kaboom133

Oct 19, 2001
    Latrobe PA
    bump?

3. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I LOVE the Refreshments! To me, they were exactly what the classic "southern" rock would have evolved into. Have you checked out Roger's new band? The name escapes me, but I hear they're alot like the Refreshments, but a little more rocking. As for gear, I seem to remember seeing that he used a P-Bass with Ampegs, but I don't know exactly which amp, and I'm guessing that he plays fingerstyle mostly.

4. kaboom133

kaboom133

Oct 19, 2001
    Latrobe PA
    I thought that sounded like a P-bass, I love that tone. I was digging through some of my old music, that's what made me remember them. I looked at their site and saw about that new band, i think i'll go check them out now. Thanks.

5. chris4001asat

chris4001asat

Dec 16, 2002
    Toledo, Ohio
    Warehouse Manager : Reverend Guitars
    Cool, Refreshment fans! I hate southern rock, but love the Refreshments. So I'm not sure about that analogy