1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale Reid Hudson German Bow

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bows' started by Mike McMurray, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Mike McMurray

Mike McMurray Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2020
    Houston, Texas
    Price:
    $5500
    Style:
    German
    For Sale: Reid Hudson German Bow
    I’ve been a member of the Double Bass section of the Houston Symphony for 40 years,
    and am retiring soon.
    I acquired this Reid Hudson bow from Robertson & Sons in 2010 and have used it professionally ever since.

Description:
    Octagonal Pernambuco
    Total Length: 29 1/4”
    21” hair length
    Weight: 141 grams
    Frog Height: 1 7/8” (ferrule to top of ebony)
    Ebony frog and adjuster
    Mother of Pearl on bottom of frog
    Newly rehaired
    Standard frog is very comfortable (I have big hands)
    This is an excellent bow with great balance, wonderful control, and an incredible sound and rich tone.
    I wish I had bought it sooner!

If you’re serious I will ship it to you for a one week trial via FedEx with signature required after you have fully paid for the bow to my PayPal account.
    Continental United States only.
    If after one week you want to return it, you pay for fully insured shipping on the return, and if I receive it in the same condition as sent out, I will refund your money through your PayPal account.
    If you want to keep it, please return the shipping case.
    Does not include carrying case.

Asking $5,500; Negotiable.

Reid Hudson German Bow -- frog.jpg Reid Hudson German Bow -- full view, untensioned.jpg Reid Hudson German Bow -- full view, tensioned.jpg Reid Hudson German Bow -- frog to tip tensioned.jpg Reid Hudson German Bow -- stamp.jpg Reid Hudson German Bow -- tip.jpg

2. Hey Mike!
    I just saw this and wanted to Congratulate you on your upcoming retirement! It was a pleasure to share a stand with you all those years ago and learned a lot from you and the others about being in a section. Cheers!

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021