1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Remote bassist needed!

Discussion in 'Wanted: Bass Players' started by letsjumpnow, Sep 18, 2008.

1. letsjumpnow

letsjumpnow

May 16, 2005
    Hi! I’m Alec Quig. My band—which is just me and Jared, a guitarist, my friend and music compatriot of eight years—are looking for one of two different types of people: 1) someone who wants to play bass for our band remotely or 2) someone who I can pay, with Paypal, by the hour, to turn my hummed bass ideas into actual loops and send them back to me.

Our dream bassist would most importantly be really good at picking up stuff by ear quickly, computer savvy, able to record with decent microphones in a dry room (so as to create as much freedom to sculpt the sound in mixing as possible), have great tone, and soulful. We’ve been playing together for eight years, but, living in a small town until now, haven’t been able to found a bassist we really, really clicked with.

If you like our music, our tastes are relatively compatible, and you’ve played bass for a while, please email me, and let me know how much this sort of thing would cost, or if you’d like to participate! I’ll tell you the rest then!

Alec
    alecquig at gmail dot com

Youtube video of my band recording:
    Jared’s last.fm page: http://www.last.fm/user/jbaut
    All my favorite songs EVER!: http://www.alecquighardworker.com/www/files/favoritesongsever.txt

2. FunkettyFunk

FunkettyFunk

Feb 7, 2009
    Sounds cool, where abouts are you? :)

3. Arranger

Arranger

Mar 9, 2003
    Pennsylvania
    Your proposition is interesting and creative. I can appreciate your need and if my style is what you're looking for, I am available. I have a good amount of sound-on-sound experience and can produce tracks in the form you're looking for.

Are you able to hum your tracks into a mp3 file? How would you synch the cadence?

You are welcome to listen to some of my personal work. My style may not be yours, but I am very flexible. I am classically trained and prefer rock/progressive rock mostly, but I can do funk/jazz/pop/grunge/industrial styles, too. I'm not so much a speed metal bassist. I am more melodic/harmonic. My goal has always been to make the other members of the band sound better.

Nice to meet you.

4. this sound pretty cool I'd be interested if you haven't found anyone yet.

5. basss

basss Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2001
    NY
    Pm'd ya

6. bwest9

bwest9 Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Boston, MA
    Really dig the sound of the band. Not sure what it is exactly but makes me nostalgic for something. Good work here.

7. I would also be interested in taking you up on this if you haven't found someone yet.

8. basspro

basspro Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Las Vegas,NV
    I would also be up for this, some of my best stuff comes from playing a groove by ear.
    I'm not consitered a root note player, i do alot of melodies.

9. This thread is nearly a year old and the OP hasn't logged in since posting it. I think it's safe to assume he's not actively looking for anyone to fill this spot.