1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ

For Sale Renata Gonski Snakewood German Bow (price drop)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bows' started by Subscript, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Subscript

Subscript Supporting Member

Oct 29, 2006
    Canada
    Price:
    $1050
    Style:
    German
    I purchased this used from Renata Gonski a few years ago. She's known for making bows for Gary Karr (Forum). Best sounding bow I've ever owned. You'll notice from the pictures that this is a player's bow. Has some scratches on the frog, a crack in the button that looks like it was maybe sealed with something. Those were all there when I bought it and I've babied it ever since. They have no impact on how well it plays.

Description from the original e-mail with Renata. She's from Croatia.
    "The bow I have available is 65 cm long, and the weight is 131,3 grams, snake wood stick- octagonal,
    snake wood frog, not silver mounted. The ring is made from messing, but the bow is wonderful for playing
    with great balance and very active spiccato.
    The weight is fantastic and bow gives wonderful feelings for solo playing because is shorter"
    50cm for the hair, 70cm for the total length of the bow.

I've switched back to French so this doesn't get used anymore. I had two German bows and was planning to keep this one after selling the other, but I just got a new bass guitar and am in the hole until I sell this. Can't justify keeping it around when it's been sitting in its case for two years.

Asking $1050 USD shipped to the US, $1400 CAD shipped within Canada. Can definitely ship to Europe as well. I see someone had one for sale on Talkbass a few months ago asking for $1900 US. I don't know what it went for, but I took that price and reduced it by more than a fair chunk ($850, 45%) to account for the visual condition of the bow and have it priced to move. I'm located in Canada.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  2. Musical instruments played with a bow are exempt from import duties IIRC. Several years ago I bought a Prochownik bow from a Quebecois and was not charged a Customs fee.

3. Subscript

Oct 29, 2006
    Canada
    Good to know! Thanks for that

KUNGfuSHERIFF likes this.
  4. LouisF

LouisF Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    Hi,

I had the other Gonski bow and sold it to a fellow in Poland. I haven't heard about any issues. If you have questions, feel free to PM me. These are terrific bows.
    Louis

5. KJPbop

KJPbop

Aug 8, 2008
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Greetings! Would you mind taking some photos of the bow out of the case, against a light/white background so we could see the various parts of the bow in more detail? Also a photo of the complete length of the stick so the camber is visible would be helpful as well. Thanks, KJPbop

6. Subscript

Oct 29, 2006
    Canada
    I'm out of town for a couple days but will post more photos as soon as I'm back.

7. Subscript

Oct 29, 2006
    Canada
    I've updated the post with additional pictures, and dropped the price. Also added hair length and total length of the bow, the 65cm given in her description is just the stick and doesn't include the button. Let me know if you have any questions.

8. garrett2

garrett2 Supporting Member

May 15, 2017
    Do you still have this for sale?

9. LouisF

LouisF Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    Still for sale?

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 16, 2021