1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Rental rates (bass+amp+stand)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Steve Boisen, Jan 24, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Steve Boisen

Steve Boisen Your first second choice™ Supporting Member

Dec 3, 2003
    Tampa Bay, FL
    The local performing arts center has rented one of my double basses in the past, but now they also need an amplifier and bass stand. What would be the going rate for such a package?

- Steve

2. james condino

james condino Spruce dork Commercial User

Sep 30, 2007
    asheville, nc
    Is it $3000 amp or an old Peavey backstage from the '80s? If the Peavey, they get it for free. If the nice one, then around $75-100 per night plus 2 tickets to the show.

Whenever I rent any equipment to one of the local venues, I try to charge a reasonable amount but I also ring up a credit card charge for the full replacement value (more than that if it is important to me or I will need it for other gigs soon) before they get anything. When it is returned on time and there is no damage, then I refund the replacement charge. If you do not plan in advance for someone damaging or completely destroying your equipment, eventually you will get burned. The high deposit also encourages them to return it immediately, not two weeks later when it is convenient for them.

Max George likes this.
  3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 10, 2021