Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Replacement ABG Pickup?????

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by jb63, Apr 20, 2005.

1. jb63

jb63

Jan 3, 2002
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Does anyone know where I can get a replacement bridge saddle pickup (piezo transducer) for my ABG???? I've searched all over the internet without much luck.

2. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    www.elderly.com. If there aren't any on the website, give them a call. They are quite helpful and knowledgeable over there. Good luck.

3. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Fishman or LR Baggs should do one.

4. jb63

jb63

Jan 3, 2002
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Thanks for the help people. I talked to someone at Elderly Instruments and they said that Fishman would make an extra long ribbon pickup for $120. I only paid $100 for the guitar. For the time being I'm going buy some piezo discs and try experimenting with making my own. If that doesn't work, I'm going to put a magnetic pickup in the soundhole.

5. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    If you go with a soundhole pickup, allow me to suggest the Seymour Duncan Woody HC. It is a stacked humbucker with a very natural acoustic tone, for not a lot of money. I've never been disappointed with mine. Good luck with whatever you decide.