1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Replacement ABG Pickup?????

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by jb63, Apr 20, 2005.

1. jb63

jb63

Jan 3, 2002
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Does anyone know where I can get a replacement bridge saddle pickup (piezo transducer) for my ABG???? I've searched all over the internet without much luck.

2. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    www.elderly.com. If there aren't any on the website, give them a call. They are quite helpful and knowledgeable over there. Good luck.

3. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Fishman or LR Baggs should do one.

4. jb63

jb63

Jan 3, 2002
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Thanks for the help people. I talked to someone at Elderly Instruments and they said that Fishman would make an extra long ribbon pickup for $120. I only paid $100 for the guitar. For the time being I'm going buy some piezo discs and try experimenting with making my own. If that doesn't work, I'm going to put a magnetic pickup in the soundhole.

5. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    If you go with a soundhole pickup, allow me to suggest the Seymour Duncan Woody HC. It is a stacked humbucker with a very natural acoustic tone, for not a lot of money. I've never been disappointed with mine. Good luck with whatever you decide.