Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Reporting PMs?

Discussion in 'Forum Usage Help' started by wulf, Feb 16, 2004.

1. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    How do you report a private message for the attention of a moderator? I know you can flag up a bad posting in one of the threads but what about a suspicious message?

I've received a note from a member of the site who is a very infrequent poster, regarding a legal case he is planning on taking against a bass company that is represented on these boards. I don't know the guy and I don't recall interacting with him in any discussions. I've also got no first hand knowledge of the company involved.

Therefore, I'm somewhat suspicious that this may be a scam of some kind (he hasn't yet asked for bank details but I could see that possibly coming). Of course, it may also be an innocent mistake where he's got me confused with someone else.

How do I flag my concerns in order to protect the TB community without publically calling out someone who may have just mistakenly addressed me?

Wulf

2. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    I would just cut/paste the message into a new PM, and send it to a Mod, or in this case, Paul.

3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Just press the little blue icon with the white exclamation mark in the lower left.

4. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    There is a little icon in the bottom right to forward a PM to someone else. [​IMG] It's right down there by the quote button. Just forward it to a mod or Paul! :)

5. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    I don't see the 'exclamation mark' icon in the private message... but I've followed the advice given and forwarded it to Paul.

Cheers,

Wulf

6. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    My mistake, I misread your post.

7. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Was the PM regarding a german bass maker that specializes in all composite construction with very modern body designs? I think I got a PM from the same user.

8. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    Yep - that was the one. Paul's advice was to just send a short note back so I've done that, explaining that I don't think I'm the person the poster thought I was and if I am, I'm not interested in getting involved.

Wulf