Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Revenge Of The Nerds

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bluez Dawg, Jan 21, 2006.

1. The other night I was watchign the ron or Revenge of the nerds, and I noticed the whole movie had a lot of funk bass-lines, and I could tell the hint of the Major and Minor blues scale.

Also guys when you listen to you're fav song? do you find your self tapping along with the beat?, and trying to figure what notes they are using?, and to be actully hear when the rythum kicks in? Lately I've been doing that lots.

2. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    Oh man... I just watched that movie the other night, too! I was a little disappointed that during the Skit Festival there was no bass player... but I agree that during the movie I did notice a lot of funk bass. I didn't pay attention, but wasnt most of synth? I mean... for the most part if youre looking for an 80's-like funky synth bass sound, the (unfortunately) best route to go is just to use a synth. Thats how Seinfeld is done, right?

3. Seinfeild doen on a keyboard synth, but dude if you look closly at the skit again, You will see a white 4 string bass, it looks like an epiphone T-bird or goth, And gilbert and luis looks like they where holding the amp heads lol.

4. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    Do you know who was playing the bass? ... I bet he was the cool nerd...

5. I'm not sure but it actully looked like the bassist from "Devo", but then again Iam not sure who he was, because i he not shown threw out the movie, except in that skit only.

6. cmurray

cmurray

Jul 19, 2010
    During the pep-rally at the end, when the Father fraternaty shows up with all the black men, they are playing a serious funk groove. It's bass and drums, with just a hint of some wah type guitar in there.

Amazing bass line during that part, check it out. Deep funk groove. In fact if you listen closely you'll notice it's actually a FRETLESS. You can hear him sliding into and out of the maj/min 3rds and stuff.

7. Oh man...now I gotta go buy Revenge of the Nerds just to hear these basslines !

8. LarryO

LarryO

Apr 4, 2004
    Clap your hands everybody...And everybody clap your hands......................

9. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    my first R movie. :)

10. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Such a great flick.

Clap your hands everybody, and everybody clap your hands. We're Lambda Lambda Lambda and Omega Mu. We come here on stage tonight to do our show for you. We got a rockin' rhythm and a hi-tech sound that'll make you move your body down to the ground. We got Poindexter on the violin, and Lewis and Gilbert will be joining in. We got Booger Presley on the mean guitar and a rap by little ol' me Lamar. We got Takashi beating on his gong, the boys and the Mu's are clapping along. And just when you thought, ya seen it all, along comes a Lambda four foot tall. So Wormser come on out here on the floor, so we can move our bodies, like never before.

11. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    Ogre was my role model

12. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    ...mine was Booger...

:scowl:

;)

13. buzzbass

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    remind me not to shake your hand, if we ever meet. eeeewwwwwww :bag::D

14. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    [​IMG]

Hiya Buzz, nice t'meet'cha!!!!

:D

15. LilRay

LilRay Commercial User

Dec 27, 2007
    Between my Roscoe and Leather
    Owner: Cockeyed Cow Custom Leathercraft
    Mine was Skolnick.

HELLO!

[​IMG]

You two nerds shake hands, I'll say howdy to Ms. Montgomery ;)

:D

God Bless, Ray

16. buzzbass

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    Quotes of the movie both belong to Booger...

1) "what the f@#$ are robster craws?"

and

2) Alpha Beta - "What are you looking at Nerd ?"
    Booger - " I thought I was looking at my mom's old douche' bag, but that's back in Ohio"

Pure Genius !

17. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    ...and that's why I always considered Booger my role model.

:)

18. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
  19. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    "You mu's sure know how to party!"

"I've been combing the high schools all day"

"I still say we blow up their ******* houzes"