Reverb/Delay combos for non-ambient use

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by superheavyfunk, Mar 30, 2021.

1. superheavyfunk

superheavyfunk 音楽は人生だ

Mar 11, 2013
    Toronto
    What’s up y’all? I currently own a V2 Avalanche Run and I’m looking to replace it with something less geared toward ambient use.

The AR is fantastic but I want a reverb that is less like being in a cave and leans more toward being something that just gives the instrument “room to breathe.” The delay on it is pretty great for my purposes though.

I’ve also got a Zoom MS70-CDR but I don’t like the menu system and controls, so I’ll likely be moving that along as well.

Ideally, I’d like to keep it in a single unit but that’s not an absolute necessity. What do you all suggest?

*edit* One more thing: it would be great if the delay and reverb are on separate switches!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
  2. NerdyOcean

NerdyOcean Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2020
    North Carolina
    Keeley Caverns is a good option. It can be ambient, but it does subdued sounds very well.

superheavyfunk likes this.
  3. ugly_bassplayer

ugly_bassplayer

Jan 21, 2009
    Québec
    Any boss delay is hard to beat.

4. superheavyfunk

superheavyfunk 音楽は人生だ

Mar 11, 2013
    Toronto
    Hmm. Not too many options out there, I guess. I’ll have a look at the Keeley Caverns - thanks!

5. AlvarHanso

AlvarHanso

Jun 20, 2011
    Source Audio Collider has great delays and great reverbs. You can adjust the mix knob to make the reverb just enough air in the mix as you describe. Though it also goes to the other end of the spectrum with the massive E-Dome and all sorts in between. You can also hack the controls to have dual reverbs or dual delays as well. It holds 8 presets right on the front, and up to 128 accessible via MIDI or editing app, and community presets that you can download right to the pedal, or click on and try out first, and you can tweak them, so you can dial the dry in as desired.

rsmith601 and superheavyfunk like this.
  6. superheavyfunk

superheavyfunk 音楽は人生だ

Mar 11, 2013
    Toronto
    That’s what I’m taking about! It sounds perfect. Thank you! :hyper::bassist:

rsmith601 and AlvarHanso like this.
  7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021