Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Reverend Rumblefish GAS!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by panic_striken, Feb 11, 2006.

1. panic_striken

panic_striken

Oct 13, 2005
    I MUST HAVE A RUMBLEFISH 4 J/J!!!! I am GAS'in hard over these now defunct instruments. I went to the Reverend website, but all they offer are 5 string models:crying: So, ya'll post me some pics, rub in how good your Rev sounds, or somebody just tell me why they quit making these gems:smug:

2. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    The Swami at the Bass Palace has one for under $500 on his site right now. I would jump all over it if I didn't already have two.

3. panic_striken

panic_striken

Oct 13, 2005
    That Sh*t is sold!!!!!!!!

4. Keep an eye on eBay and the classifieds, they pop up every now and then.
    I would feed your G.A.S. by telling you how awesome my two 'Fish are, killer tone, amazing playability, best-feeling neck ever made, etc. But that would just be mean.. :D

5. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    Sorry, this may make your RumbleGAS worse!:D

Attached Files:

6. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    I really dig the fours, LDS has a fiver right now. Their definitely cool. A lot of them seem to prop up in Detroit area at Guitar shows etc. Joes Music (Eastpoint, MI.) is a dealer.

7. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    I want one of the P J 4 strings...

8. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
  9. watspan

watspan Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2002
    madison, wi
    here's my school o' fish!

10. Now that is a collection!
    Not my choice of ratios of 'fish to other, but amazing. Nice amps too ;)

:bassist:

11. ZenMoto

ZenMoto

Feb 9, 2006
    Motor City USA
    I played the fiver at LDS and the low B was sloppy so I hung it back on the wall...I like the look and feel but that one was loose as a goose.

12. bassclef112

bassclef112 Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2003
    New York City, NY
    I dig my Rumblefish - killer tone, sweet neck and easy on the back.
    [​IMG]

13. watspan

Nov 25, 2002
    madison, wi
    templar: OMFG!
    bassclef112: nice! what kind of bridge? are those skull knobs?
    ZenMoto: I only have the one 5 string (of any maker) so I have nothing to compare to--mine seems fine--any other fish owners want to comment on the "B"?

14. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    So, did you get it?

15. am i the only one who dosnt get these? :meh: i dont get what could possibly be so great about them. to me, theyre pretty ugly (not as ugly as bongos though. sorry bongo users, take no offense to that) and i dont see how it could be any different than any other jazz bass besides its looks and tilted pickups, which might be the factor, do the pickups' angles make a difference in tone or something?

16. Wow what a great price. You could ebay that and make at least 600. Buy that one. It looks mint

17. Like this sweetheart of a bass?

18. watspan

Nov 25, 2002
    madison, wi
    there's nothing to get re: the looks--you either like it or you don't. the tone, light weight and neck must be experienced first hand to decide if its for you or not. sadly, it's tough to run across a 'fish to give them a try anymore.

19. To me, the bass's neck was the main difference with any other bass out there---it is the best neck I have ever played.