Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Reverend

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kaspar Vadsholt, Jun 6, 2005.

1. Hi There, this is my first thread on this fantastic site. I wonder if any of you has any experience with reverend basses?
    Rumor has it that they stopped making basses. Anyone knows why?
    Thanks

2. From what I understand they just weren't selling enough of them. I have one and I love it. There's no other bass like it and the sound is amazing.

Goodman basses are pretty cool too. :^)

3. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    www.reverenddirect.com

They still make guitars, but not basses. Not enough demand. They are very excellent instruments. I have two, a 5L, and a Brad Houser 5.
    There is a new one here:
    http://www.juniorsmusic.com/Reverend/Reverend.htm

and used ones appear on www.ebay.com once and a while.

You can't have mine;)

Please fill out your profile and let us know where you are, what your intersts are, etc. It might help you find one....

Alan

4. Thanks alot for the info on Reverend. Too bad they don't make 'em anymore. They haven't reached Europe, (Denmark to be more specific), as far as I know, and alas, when I had the money, I didn't dare just to order one without testing it beforehand.

5. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    They are great basses. The looks are a bit different, but viva la difference! The term has been way over-used, but the Reverends actually DO have a deep, piano-like tone with big sustain to boot. Keep your eye on Ebay and they do pop up. I bought mine some years back direct from them as there was no dealer in my area. Later on they went to strictly direct sales. They are remarkably consistent instruments and if you are the adventurous sort you should not be overly concerned about buying one without trying it first. Mine will be staying at my place for a long, long time! :D