Review: Peavey Grind NTB 6

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by chump stain, Apr 12, 2004.

1. I've had this bass for a few months now, and finally got a pic of it.

I found this at my local guitar shop for $379 and was blown away at the looks, and playabillity. The action was killer, but the intonation needed to be adjusted. Not that big of a deal. I also had to file some of the frets on the treble side, as they were a little sharp. This probably has something to do with the Vietnamese woods drying out in America.

The tone was dark, I added some EMGs (40-P and 40-J) and I like the tone much better now.

They had a few other Grinds at the shop, mainly 5 strings, and they all were different. Each had it's own tone, looks, and playabillity.

Here's a link to a soundclip. It's the file named "EMGbass".
    I'll get the pic up soon.
  2. when I click the link i'm just getting a blank page.
  3. I think something's wrong with that site right now. I can't open it either.
  4. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Congrats on your bass- but where's the pic?? ;)

I also am blown away by the Peavey bass that I just bought. Have you replaced the strings that it came with yet? I am just about ready to get its first new set, but am torn between XL's and Prisms.
  5. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    I've played a couple Grind NTB5's and they are exactly as you described (right up to the pointy frets on the treble side). I'm considering picking one up myself once I get some cash.
  6. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    I put DR LoBeams on my Fury and it was a dramatic improvement. Not sure what they put on those Peavey's but it ain't good. My second choice was XL's.

7. Here's the pic [​IMG]

I put Elixers on it.
  8. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    Very nice. I certainly like the look of those.