1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Review: Peavey Grind NTB 6

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by chump stain, Apr 12, 2004.

1. I've had this bass for a few months now, and finally got a pic of it.

I found this at my local guitar shop for $379 and was blown away at the looks, and playabillity. The action was killer, but the intonation needed to be adjusted. Not that big of a deal. I also had to file some of the frets on the treble side, as they were a little sharp. This probably has something to do with the Vietnamese woods drying out in America.

The tone was dark, I added some EMGs (40-P and 40-J) and I like the tone much better now.

They had a few other Grinds at the shop, mainly 5 strings, and they all were different. Each had it's own tone, looks, and playabillity.

Here's a link to a soundclip. It's the file named "EMGbass".
    I'll get the pic up soon.

2. when I click the link i'm just getting a blank page.

3. I think something's wrong with that site right now. I can't open it either.

4. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Congrats on your bass- but where's the pic?? ;)

I also am blown away by the Peavey bass that I just bought. Have you replaced the strings that it came with yet? I am just about ready to get its first new set, but am torn between XL's and Prisms.

5. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    I've played a couple Grind NTB5's and they are exactly as you described (right up to the pointy frets on the treble side). I'm considering picking one up myself once I get some cash.

6. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    I put DR LoBeams on my Fury and it was a dramatic improvement. Not sure what they put on those Peavey's but it ain't good. My second choice was XL's.

Dan

7. Here's the pic [​IMG]

I put Elixers on it.

8. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    Very nice. I certainly like the look of those.

Dan