1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

reworking the rubber tip

Discussion in 'Setup & Repair [DB]' started by bass4art, Dec 31, 2011.

1. bass4art

bass4art

Oct 2, 2010
    hi, does any have a suggestion on how to re-gauge the rubber tip of the peg so it stops slipping on some survive.

I do not want to really use my hockey puck floor stopper all the time, and rather just put the rubber tip on the peg on the floor.

And yes sometimes when I find it slipping, sometimes I do have to take the tip off and just use the point. But I do not like to that either because sometimes the peg itself get pushed up inside the bass, and it is no fun sometime to push it back out. So if you have any idea please let me know.

Kirk

2. Eric Hochberg

Eric Hochberg

Jul 7, 2004
    Chicago
    I replace it when this starts happening.

3. bejoyous

bejoyous

Oct 23, 2005
    London, Ontario
    Cane tips are good to put on the end of the endpin to prevent slipping and damaging floors. They are about $5.

I took my endpin out, and took it to my local drug store so I could try a few out to make sure it fit correctly.

I also trimmed out the inner bump of rubber so could remove the tip when needed.

I also a washer the same diameter as the inside of the tip. The tip of the endpin goes in the small hole of the washer and keeps the tip from poking through the rubber bottom.

They usually usually come in twos so you can give one to a buddy.

4. bass4art

bass4art

Oct 2, 2010
    This is one of thos rubber stopps with the screw in it to screw on the peg, and I had this one replace the one I had before just this week. I had read put some rossin on the tip, and some other ideas on this forum.

It is not as easy to replace this tip, either since. It was perfect when I bought it this week, but I have been practicing a lot, and I had a gig, and it started to slip on me, and should not of.

So I looked at the tip, and saw the right hand side of the botton of the stopper was started to wore out. so now I just want to figer a way to regauge the bottom so it has more traction and will not slip at all.

I am thinking of super glue, rubber cement or something like that to help it stop slipping.