1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Rickenbacker 4003 Burgundy (2002)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by PaulBoyer, Oct 14, 2013.

1. PaulBoyer

PaulBoyer Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 27, 2012
    Wisconsin
    While preparing my book over the last eight years or so, I accumulated quite a few Rickenbacker basses. I'm no longer an active player, and I'd like to see the collection distributed to folks who want/need/appreciate a good Rick!

The color chosen for RIC's "Color of the Year" program for 2002 was a throwback: Burgundy! I bought this one "used" on eBay from GuitarBoy in July 2007. It is in out-of-the-box mint condition, and one of several Ricks they had from some collector. No terrific wood grain visible, but the finish sure is pretty.

Price is firm at $1750 with case (plus shipping). No trades, no lower offers.

Attached Files:

2. nubs

nubs

Mar 1, 2005
    Wisconsin
    Bump for a number one TBer and an awesome ric! GLWS

3. You have so many beautiful Ric's in your stable! I wish I just had one! This one is my favorite so far!

4. Hello there
    Lovely Rick.
    How much would it cost to shop to France ?
    what strings are currently on?
    All the best,
    Orphee, Grenoble

5. JEDI BASS

JEDI BASS Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2008
    Knoxville, TN
    What's the neck like on this one? My white '92 was amazing! But I've heard there's a lot of variance in Ric neck dimensions. Measurements would be good: nut width and thickness down low and say around the 12th fret.

Thanks

6. PaulBoyer

Jan 27, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Look (and sound) like Cliff Burton this new year!

7. JEDI BASS

JEDI BASS Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2008
    Knoxville, TN

??

8. PaulBoyer

Jan 27, 2012
    Wisconsin
    I have measurements of the "girth" of the neck at the first fret, third fret, and 12th fret (octave) measured in millimeters and not including strings. I don't have a caliper, so I can't measure the "thickness" of the neck. The Burgundy 4003 measures:

1st: 114

3rd: 118

12th: 134

9. Burwabit

Burwabit Likes guitars that tune good and firm feelin women Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2011
    Lubbock, TX
    curious... is this bass featured on any pages in the book? i have major Ric gas... would be cool to own one from the book. i'd have to buy a copy if i get this.

10. PaulBoyer

Jan 27, 2012
    Wisconsin
    This bass is still avilable! Yes, it is in the book!

11. Pm

12. Burwabit

Burwabit Likes guitars that tune good and firm feelin women Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2011
    Lubbock, TX
    Darn, broke from over spending recently on 2 vintage pbasses and a V4B. Hope this hangs on for a month, but GLWTS.

13. PaulBoyer

Jan 27, 2012
    Wisconsin
    SOLD! Thanks, Andy!

Bucky4835 likes this.