Rickenbacker Comparison?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bluesdragon, Mar 21, 2011.

1. bluesdragon

bluesdragon

Mar 23, 2010
    I recently purchased a 2010 4003. I am so impressed with the bass I am thinking of selling my '72 fender jazz and getting either a Laredo or Cheyenne. I don't know much about them.. Any infor would help i.e. Electronics?? dual truss rods?? weight ?? Anything ..
    Compared to the 4003 , which do you think is better??
    Thanks

2. .
    (Bump)

An old thread I know, but I'm curious about the sound of each.
    I can't seem to be able to find a decent "shootout" or comparison video anywhere.

3. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Colorado
    I disclose nothing
    The Laredo and the Cheyenne are both pretty much the same bass ... the differences are mostly cosmetic. The Laredo has chrome hardware and the Cheyenne has gold hardware. There are a few more differences but they don't make a difference in tone.

The 4004 comes with 2 series humbuckers, the electronics are passive ... toggle ... volume ... tone.

You can install Rickenbacker single coil pickups and wire it with stacked pots for more of a 4001/4003 tone.

4. EtoG

EtoG

Sep 7, 2010
    Give Chris at Pick of the Ricks a call. He's able to answer any question you have. Plus, he's great to work with when it comes to ordering all things Ric.

5. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru..........

Apr 11, 2006
    +1 on Chris! :)

Just buy one, you won't be disappointed.

Mine. :)

6. Kopfjaeger

Kopfjaeger Guest

Jun 3, 2011
  7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 26, 2021