Rics sure are ugly

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Lowner, Mar 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lowner

May 14, 2005
    Over Here
    I was looking at my Ric(copy) and started thinking that its body shape is really ugly. I like the shapes that are double horned ones along the lines of a P- bass or similar. Anyone out there agree?
    but dont get me wrong I love my Ric's tone.
  2. i think you couldnt be any more wrong, but everyones entitled to their opinion. rics are by far i think the nicest bass with the nicest shape, better then any other basses i think. they are my favorite.
  3. Fine! Strip it; sell it; and move on.:eyebrow:
    I find the shape unique, and interesting and the sound is the same; unique and interesting. Funny that you own one and don't seem to want it...good thing that it's a cheap copy.
  4. Lowner

May 14, 2005
    Over Here
    I want it. I love it. I didnt buy get it for looks. i got it because I love the way it sounds.
  5. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Note: Starting threads that merely diss certain aspects of a bass usually dont go anywhere good.
  6. Indiana Mike

Indiana Mike

Nov 18, 2005
    I think J's and P's have gotten boring to look at:eek: YES I still like them and are excellent instruments but they bore me. Ric's may be ugly to you but to me they aren't and are a dream to play.Mine has sustain for weeks, I had to learn to tame it.

see quote below:bassist:

7. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    Lowner, here's the user manual :

1. Get a real RIC, not a copy,
    2. Feel how it plays and listen how it soundsn
    3. Have an accurate look at its high quality manufacturing,
    4. Enjoy the whole of it.

Except, of course, if you prefer the sound and look of a copy.
  8. BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I love the look of a RIC, but for me it's all about a vintage Pbass! To me a Pbass just looks like a 1950's america car...... :)
  9. Indiana Mike

Indiana Mike

Nov 18, 2005
    Where did you find a Ric copy???????????????????

Rickenbacker does not license any copies and they are, to my knowledge, illegal.
    No, the Ric police will not come after you but I just thought I would point that out and am curious if it is a newer one in current production
  10. SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    I wasn't ging to post, but I thought I'd add how tired I am of these types of threads.
  11. You know, then, don't go here! I'm tired of people that "dislike certain kinds of threads", and still feel the need to reply to them...:rollno: :scowl: Geeze! Just move on!
  12. Indiana Mike

Indiana Mike

Nov 18, 2005
    If I have a problem with a person,place or thing I tend to ignore it/them:eyebrow:

But I also believe everybody is entitled to there own opinion whether I like it or not!
  13. Rockman

Mar 2, 2006
    Basically this thread is saying that we don't like listening to other people's opinions. Dudes, all you can do is get wwhat you like, don't rat on things you don't like, but brag the hell out of what you got, if you got a freaking piece of crap but you like it, bragbragbrag. But don't talk about other basses that are "bad"
  14. Well, yeah, I agree, but it I'm always amazes me how many people with that same opinion,
    can't just "ignore it" and feel the need to post. It's like they can't help themselves...Um...explain that...
  15. Lowner

May 14, 2005
    Over Here
    Its one of those Japanese copies thats around 20 or 30 years old. I bought it from a former co-worker worker.
  16. I used to go around saying " I love the way they sound, but I wish they looked different...so ugly!"

I'm not sure when I started thinking they are so beautiful, but I'm sure some bulldog owners feel the same way about their dogs..:p

Send that hideous thing my way... You'll never have to see the likes of that ugly heathen again!
  17. Indiana Mike

Indiana Mike

Nov 18, 2005
    I've seen those around. Thanks for letting your source out:D
  18. evrryhting is ugly, stupid, and terrible. unless its expensive, then its overpriced and overrated.
  19. I think that they came up in "converstation" here, too. At least I think that's where I heard of them. Interesting, to say the least. I think there was a thread about Rick's copyright on their design. Gottal admit; you don't see it (almost) anywhere else, like you do with Fender...!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.