1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Right In Two bass effects

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by huckingfuskie, Apr 9, 2009.

1. huckingfuskie

huckingfuskie

Aug 4, 2008
    I'm trying to get a Tool cover band going with a friend of mine and we recently decided to add Right in Two to our song list. We all know Justin Chancellor is a whore with his pedal board and some of the sounds he makes i will never be able to replicate without 10's of thousands more in EQ. But for now this is what i have:

EBMM Bongo4 H
    Fender Rumble amplification
    Digitech whammy4
    DOD Bass flanger
    Boss Ds-1 distortion

i know im gonna need to find a delay and a auto wah, but even with that i have no idea where to start with Right In Two. Can anyone point me in the right direction? The first few minutes of the song are very... strange on bass to say the least. He's doing something with the whammy (no idea what) andtheres like a ultra fast delay or echo mixed with something else... very tricky to figure out on my own.

thanks in advance for any help :)

2. Kooldac

Kooldac

Oct 20, 2008
    Arizona
    Tremelo on harmonics is the secret. Spend some time searching ToolTabs.net forum. Oh and watching Brad -

3. The beginning of the song is him playing three harmonics, with whammy and tremolo. The whammy is on 5th/6th harmony mode. Play the first harmonic with the trem on, then shut it off and rock the whammy during the second and third harmonic. That's it. IIRC, the whammy is on for the whole second verse as well. I think he also has a clean and dirty channel running together for the rest of the song.

4. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Northern California
    I have nothing to add to this thread except that I love your new avatar big chief.

"Sexual Chocolate!"

"That boy is good!"

5. mm-hmm, good n terrible ...