RIP Molly

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Against Will, Feb 5, 2005.

1. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Black lab 13 years-old.

My uncle and aunt had a marvelous black lab named Molly. Yesterday, while going for a walk, she collapsed on the sidewalk.My aunt took her to the vet and X-rays showed that she had internal bleeding and the prognosis did not look good. My aunt stayed with her until the end, stroking her ears.

My parents traveled a lot when I was a kid, so I would spend a lot of time at my uncle and aunt's house, especially during the summer. All of their children were gone and they lived in a big empty house with themselves and Molly as company. I loved playing with her in the backyard and fall asleep on her tummy when we were both just pups. I hadn't seen much of her lately, because of work and school, but she was always happy to see me. Or anyone for that matter. She was a very sociable dog.

And she loved to swim.

2. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i'm so sorry

3. My family has lost 2 dogs in the past couple of years, both to old age. They truly are part of the family. At least with dogs, pretty much all you have to remember are good times, because there are so many of them.
  4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Sorry to read it. Sounds like a great dog. :bawl:
  5. invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    That sucks man. These just don't seem to be the best weeks for bassists right now :(

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I am sorry for your loss, Labs make excellent Friends.
  7. srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    I'm sorry to hear that.

I know what you are feeling. I had to put down my 11 year old chocolate lab down two years ago.
  8. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Putting down a cherished pet is one of the hardest things a person will ever have to do. I've been there too many times, and will be there again in the future - I'll always have dogs.

You and your family have my condolences...
  9. Sorry about that dude -Death does sux
  10. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I agree with Ken's comments. However, I will not do it anymore. We decided as a family to not own anymore dogs after we put our last dog to sleep.

I always thought people who get emotional over losing a pet were weird. I didn't feel weird as I turned my back and walked away from our family dog when I took him to be put to sleep. It hurts!